This week we want to address one of the trendiest topics of the last few years: Video marketing.
Going through your social media feeds you will see many different types of videos, but are they all just videos? Or are they part of a broader marketing strategy? Can you tell?
Video marketing works because it uses highly relevant, well-curated, engaging content that people are happy to consume. That’s why sometimes users don’t perceive this type of marketing as just marketing.
In order to gain a deeper understanding of video marketing, let’s start by the definition of this tactic, shall we?
According to hookle.net:
“Video marketing means using videos for promoting and telling people about your product or service. It helps increase engagement on your digital and social channels, educates your audience, and allows you to reach them with a new medium”
Now that we know what we are talking about, let’s see how to use it.
How to build a successful Video Strategy
- Select the purpose of your video
Why are you creating this video? That will determine the type of video you will work on. Will it be an ad? Or maybe a tutorial? Are you going to show how a product/service works? Creating an Instagram reel, for instance, is different from creating a tutorial. Remember that every video has its own creation strategy.
- Find your target audience
Just think of some simple and easy questions: Who is going to watch your video? Are you creating it for your followers? Or do you want to impact a new audience?
- Set your campaign goals
Do you want to show your new products? Or are you trying to push an underperforming service? Maintain the focus on your campaign goals and define a personalized strategy.
- Write a full script
Even if your video is going to be super short, write a full script and organize all your ideas. This script will be fundamental to arrange the production of the video.
- Choose the perfect music
Not all the videos will need music, but if this is the case, then choose the perfect one. If you are presenting a new product, for instance, try to use an energetic music. If you are talking about the values of your brand, instead, you should go for an emotional one. Music is a universal language, make an effort to find the tune that resonates with your brand and your audience.
- Optimize your videos with SEO content
Optimize your videos by including keywords in the description. Google indexes YouTube videos. This way, when someone searches for that keyword, your video will appear in the results. This is an amazing way to push your content and improve your brand’s visibility!
- Choose the right video hosting platforms
Should you upload your video on YouTube? Or maybe IGTV would work better? Remember that the best platform is where your audience is!
And last but not least
- Don’t forget to insert a call to action!
10 benefits of Video Marketing
- Get higher visibility and engagement.
- Increase Traffic.
- Your videos will be always visible on your Social Media feed.
- Many users watch explainer videos to learn about a specific product (or service) before buying it so, a correct video marketing strategy will boost conversations and sales.
- Videos are a customized way to engage with your target audience.
- Videos can help improve your website’s ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Your site and social channels will get more backlinks.
- A video is dynamic and recyclable. You can share it more than once, turning it into a trailer, a reel or a gif.
- Video marketing generates better ROI than any other marketing content.
- A great video marketing strategy will help you to develop and improve your brand identity. Don’t you know what that is? We explain it in this article!
And last but not least, if you are planning to start working on your video marketing strategy, here is some wisdom to guide you through the journey:
“As you’ve noticed people don’t want to be sold. What people do want is news and information about the things they care about”Larry Weber